Fashion week is the perfect opportunity to show off your personal style and catch a glimpse of the latest fashion trends. But with so many events and runway shows, it can be overwhelming to decide what to wear. That’s why I have created this ultimate guide to help you stand out and look your best at Fashion Week.
- Mix Prints: Gone are the days when matching prints were a fashion faux pas. Mixing prints is one of the hottest fashion trends, and Fashion Week is the perfect time to experiment with this bold style choice. Try pairing a printed top with a patterned skirt or pants. Just make sure the prints have a similar color scheme to avoid a clash of patterns.
- Layer like a Pro: Layering and draping are great ways to add depth and versatility to your outfit. Layer a jacket over a dress or drape a sweater over a blouse for a chic, effortless look. These styles are also perfect for adjusting your outfit to different temperatures throughout the day.
- Be Bold: Bright colors are a great way to make a statement and stand out in the crowd. Don’t be afraid to wear stand-out shades, like red, yellow, or green. If you’re not ready to commit to a full outfit, try adding a pop of color with your accessories. For example by wearing an all-grey outfit and adding a pop of color with bright-colored shoes.
- Prioritize Comfort: Fashion Week events involve a lot of walking and standing, so it’s important to prioritize comfort. Opt for comfortable shoes, like comfortable loafers or cowboy boots, instead of super high heels that can cause discomfort after a few hours. Alternatively, carry your heels in your handbag and wear a pair of flats, so you can swap them when you arrive at the event.
- Opt for Statement Accessories: Elevate your outfit and add a personal touch. Consider adding statement jewelry, a dramatic pair of earrings, a chic clutch, or a trendy hat to your outfit. Just be careful not to overdo it, as too many accessories can detract from your overall look.
- Play with Proportions and textures: This a great way to create an interesting and unique look. Pair a voluminous skirt with a fitted top or a cropped jacket with high-waisted pants. The key is to balance the proportions to create a cohesive outfit. Mixing and matching different textiles and textures can add depth and dimension to your outfit. Consider pairing a cozy sweater with a leather skirt, or a silk blouse with a denim jacket. These unexpected combinations will make your outfit stand out in a sea of fashionistas.
- Coordinate with a Friend: Twinning with friend is a great way to create a cohesive and stylish look. Match your outfits with complementary colors or patterns to create a stylish duo. Why stop at coordinating with one friend when you can coordinate with all of them? Coordinate your outfits with your entire group to create a stylish and cohesive look.
- Wear a Co-Ord Power Suit: A power suit is a great way to ensure that you look polished and put together. If you’re feeling stuck and don’t know what to wear, remember that a go-to matching set is always a safe bet. Whether it’s a chic skirt and blazer, or a stylish two-piece suit, these outfits require minimal effort but still look stylish and put together. What is more, if you make your outfit monochrome, that is a great way to create a cohesive and stylish look. Try matching your shoes to your bag or your jewelry to your outfit. Just make sure to keep the color scheme simple and cohesive.
- Find Your Statement Piece: Finally, consider finding your own sartorial uniform and sticking with it. This could be a signature style or a go-to outfit formula that works for you. It could be as simple as always wearing a blazer or incorporating a certain color into every outfit. Whatever it is, finding your sartorial uniform can simplify your outfit choices and make getting dressed for Fashion Week a breeze.
As a Swiss fashion blogger and illustrator, I know firsthand the excitement that comes with Fashion Week. Fashion Week can be overwhelming, and sometimes less is more. If you’re feeling unsure about your outfit, scale back and stick to a simple, classic look with a twist. A little black dress or a tailored suit will never go out of style, add a bold red lip and you should be all good.
- What is the best shoe style to wear to Fashion Week? Opt for stylish sneakers or loafers, or cowboy boots instead of high heels that can cause discomfort after a few hours.
- What should I consider when choosing an outfit for Fashion Week? Consider the event dress code, the venue, and your personal style. Always pay close attention to the invitation, as it usually reflects the theme of the event too.
- Can I mix and match bold pieces for my Fashion Week outfit? Yes, fashion is about taking risks, and having fun. So be bold, and try out those trends you have been wanting to test out.
In conclusion, Fashion Week is the ultimate opportunity to showcase your style and make a statement. By researching the event dress code, considering the venue, and prioritizing comfort, you can ensure that you look and feel your best. Experimenting with bold colors, prints, and textures, layering for versatility, and accessorizing to elevate your look are great ways to stand out in the crowd. And don’t forget to have fun and enjoy the experience – after all, fashion month only comes around twice a year!
Leave a Reply